Well, we accomplished a huge amount today. We picked up more folks from the airport, loaded everything into the church... chairs, music stands, lights, recording equipment, the organ, a harpsichord, and on and on. We fed everyone with wonderful food from Olivers (Thanks Eva!!). And on top of all that, we got through a full rehearsal of the entire Pergolesi.
The orchestra sounds great, very musical, well balanced, good tuning. Our producer is already listening and hearing every little thing, good and bad, which is good since that's his job. And by the end of the night the mics were up and running even if the recording booth needs some help which Preston will attend to before tomorrow night.
Tomorrow, the search for a good harpsichord as the one we got is not good enough quality for a recording, more rehearsing, and our first recording session in the evening.
So far so good, now it's off to sleep and to rest the voice:)
Goodnight All,
xoxo,
Chris
Countertenor's Log - Star Date 2012 - Music Director, Center for Spiritual Living, Santa Rosa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Host Mikala Kennan welcomes performing artist and educator, Chris Fritzsche. Internationally known as a counter-tenor vocalist, Ch...
-
Spring Greetings, I'm writing to let you know that soprano, Carol Menke and I will again be performing Pergolesi's Baroque masterp...
-
Greetings, I'm writing to invite you to a benefit concert for one of our local concert venues, the Occidental Center for the Arts. ...
-
You may wonder why no pictures and no blog yesterday... well, let's just say, it's not easy to record while experiencing food poison...
-
Hi Everyone, I'll once again be joining my friend and fabulous soprano, Carol Menke along with the musicians of the early music...
-
Too pooped to write anything last night, but just let me say, what a day! It went beautifully. I feel like each day is getting better and be...
-
Greetings, I'm writing to let you know that registration is now open for the group singing class, Ready Set Sing, that I teach fo...
No comments:
Post a Comment