Chanticleer, Clerestory, Pergolesi–Behind The Scenes

Something I really want to promote is the free May 20, 2011 event at Stepping Stones Bookstore at 2075 Occidental Road at 7 pm. I have been asked to present my new CD of Pergolesi’s Stabat Mater.

After I said yes, I started thinking back on all the recordings I have been featured on over the years and I thought it might be fun to share some of the behind the scenes stories of how they were made, what the process was like, knowing when you got something really good and knowing when you have to move on.

During the years of recording with Chanticleer and Clerestory and on my recent CD, I have learned all kinds of tricks and techniques that are used in recording booths to make recordings even better than good. (I am proud to say there was never an auto tuner used in any of my recordings.) I’m not going to be telling you about technical tricks, more about what they had me do to make me sound good. I am saving the information for May 20th and I think you’ll really enjoy it.

The all male vocal ensemble I sang with for 11 years is starting to release live recordings from the years when I was singing with it. Some of the recordings I haven’t even heard in the past 10 years. So I gathered the recordings to remind me of the stories from behind the scenes. I plan to tell it all!

I would love to see you there. The event is free.

More information is available at http://www.cslsr.org/component/content/article/69-upcoming-events/999-at-the-mic

No comments:

Popular Posts