Gaia Hypothesis and Music this Sunday


Have you heard of the Gaia Theory or the Gaia Hypothesis?

I hadn't until Rev Kim Kaiser shared it with me. He will be speaking about it in this Sunday's message. It basically says that everything on and in the earth is symbiotically connected in a way that works together to support life on the planet. In other words - we are One. Sound familiar?

I looked for music to support the message and of course turned to one of my musical idols - John Denver. I've chosen two of his songs, Amazon and Children of the Universe to perform on Sunday in support of Kim's message.

Amazon especially is a "big" song so I reached out to Tony Vito on drums and shaker, Antonio Aversano on Djembe, shaker, Didjeridoo and flute, Paul Sarran on bass, Mary England on violin and Russell Rasmussen on guitar - and guess what- they all said yes!!

We just rehearsed this morning and it came together so beautifully - we're all very excited to get to perform these songs on Sunday.

Knowing that I had such a great compliment of musicians with me I chose some uptempo and fun sing alongs to fill out the service.

If you want to hear Amazon or Children of the Universe by John Denver you can find lyrics and live performances of him on YouTube. He was so amazing in so many ways - not the least of which the way he can turn one 12 string guitar into an orchestra.

Hope to see you on Sunday!!

Chris

Photograph by jayanta32, rgbstock.com

2 comments:

Allan Yeager said...

Thank you so much for this "heads-up" information. I really appreciate it and it will make Sunday's service even more enjoyable since I have something really lovely to look forward to!

kathryn said...

Wow...two amazing songs is right! It's going to take two to top last week's music. Way to go, Chris!

Popular Posts